Search for your Fund Name - Eg: "Motor Industry Pension Fund" and the Fund administrators page with contact info will be in the search results
Unclaimed pension fund benefit search

Unclaimed pension fund benefit search

Unclaimed pension fund benefits amount to a whole lot of money which is sitting in the coffers of the Insurance companies awaiting distribution and you could be one of the lucky ones who is able to collect.

If you or anyone in your family has been with a few different companies over the years and contributions to a pension or retirement fund were made, it is well worth using the FSB’s unclaimed benefit search to see if any benefits are owing.

The worrying thing about the fact that there are R millions of unclaimed benefits is that it appears very little effort is going into attempting to find these beneficiaries or the beneficiaries of their estates.

In most cases, the owner of the benefit has died and the company does not know how or where to contact the family members. The families of these policy owners are legally entitled to this money.

The search of the unclaimed pension benefits database is a simple search which can either be dione by fund name or by beneficiary name. I suggest that use the simplest form of the unclaimed benefit search by simply entering the surname and scrolling through the list as the Initial convention used in the database is not uniform, some are displayed as G.C or G.C. or GC, you get the idea.

Search the FSB’s Unclaimed pension benefits database.

If you do find unclaimed pension benefits from any fund, the search results will display the fund name, the contact details(in most cases) and the person to contact.

If the pension benefits show a company that you are not aware of familiar with, give them a call anyway, you never know, there may be a significant amount of money that you or the family are legally entitled to in the form of unclaimed pension benefits.

83 Responses to “Unclaimed pension fund benefit search”

1. teboho says:

My late mother worked at Potchefstroom Hospital for a very long time,so I need to know if we can still claim it as a family? Her name is Tshanini Emily Moraladi ID.570801 0818 08 9

• teboho says:

& my dad also wanna to know if he can still claim his pension funds,he was working for the company power drive at Potchefstroom for more then 30yrs his name is Kgosibotsile Moraladi ID.4107315210085 please help

2. Thembinkosi Gwam says:

Hi
    My father was working for Railway in the early eighties and passed away in 1993. I just want to check if there is any of his pensions.

His name was Khethekile Shumi and the other surname was Gwam.

3. Thembinkosi Gwam says:

My Cell Number is 073 771 7787 on behalf Khethekile Shumi / Gwam

4. Nosipho Salman says:

My grandfather was working for Railway, pensioned in 1969. I’m checking his pensions. His name was Phalele Alfred Jonas.
    Contact the wife : Violet Nosingile Jonas in Bhisho: 040- 63850672/ 0798741648.

The money only paid less than a year, the wife stopped it. We tried the Rail, they in East London said we must contact the office of PWI in Pretoria.

5. Vanessa Amod says:

My late husband has been working at various companies over numerous years such as Sasol. Kindly assist me in regards to unpaid funds. His I.d Number is 591002 5136 081

6. Maria matshidiso says:

My late father was working at emfulene municitypality he pass on 2004i have no indie where I can claim his surplus money his name was khosi Nicholas mariripa he was born 1948 also my mother pass on she was working at children home at vereeniging her name was mapapadi slyvia mariripa pass on 2013please am asking help

7. Barry Halls says:

Commenting I have been employed at numerous companies during my working career. now a retired need to know if there is any monies owed to me. my I’d 5602125154086. Thanks.

8. Andrew says:

Hi my father lost his job at spoornet during apartheids era i only wanna know how to get hold of 15 years service money

9. Phumlani Manquphu says:

Hi..Mangupu Mxolisi Lethod was working at Railway in 1958 until 1990 and he passed away in 1992 ..I will like to know if we can claimed his surplus.. His ID no is 2903105255080

10. Andrew says:

I wanna know about my father pension fund he worked 15 for railway he was born 1954/07/30

11. Hi there i am jurie johannes cornelius van deventer i worked on the railways as a passenger and waggen examiner .ashunter and a crane driver from 1977 to 1983 plus minuus my id is6004195087008 i want you to check what monys are still outstanding for me Thankx