Search for your Fund Name - Eg: "Motor Industry Pension Fund" and the Fund administrators page with contact info will be in the search results
How to Claim your portion of unclaimed benefits from your pension fund

How to Claim your portion of unclaimed benefits from your pension fund

Many of South Africa’s pension fund Administrators hold large sums of money (In excess of R20 Billion) in preservation funds from members who have not claimed their benefits and according to the act these unclaimed benefits mustl be distributed to the member or his beneficiaries.

Each fund administrator has a different process to determine who has any unclaimed benefits and it is very wise to check with the fund administrators if there are any funds owing to you as an employee or as a beneficiary. If you have a spouse/parent/relative who left the country or died, there may be funds owing to him/her or the beneficiaries and it is well worth checking.

Please ensure that you follow the steps below to determine the fund administrators of your fund before going any further and be careful who you give your personal details to.

It is extremely important that you follow the correct procedure and compile the correct documents (see green text below) to facilitate the process.

The process to follow.

  1. Check which fund administrators are responsible for the administration of your fund by searching for the fund name in the search box provided in the blue strip above.
  2. Once you have determined who the fund administrators are, use one of the following links to make a claim for unclaimed benefits.
  3. If your fund administrators link does not appear below you will need to contact them directly. This means that we have not been able to find a website that allows members to request unclaimed benefit information.

if your are a fund administrator or have any additional links/forms to provide please contact directly through the contact form provided.

If you think you may be a beneficiary under a policy you should contact your life assurance company with as much detail as possible. Useful information would include the policy contract document, the identity document of the claimant, bank details of the claimant, a death certificate (in the event of the death of a life assured)

We are assembling a comprehensive list of contacts for unclaimed benefit applications and will be updating this post as soon as we have additional links to offer. – Data Factory

FSB unclaimed benefit search (This is a general search which will return all results for a specific fund or surname to page through)

Alexander Forbes Unclaimed Benefits application form

Metal and Engineering Industries Retirement Funds

Mineworkers Provident fund lists of names who have unclaimed benefits (broken into 4 lists alphabetically)

Motor Industry Fund Administrators Unclaimed benefit forms

NBC Holdings Fund Administrators unclaimed benefits contact

Old Mutual Unclaimed benefits preservation fund request form

Sanlam Staff and beneficiary list who are eligible for unclaimed benefits (Sanlam staff only noy funds administered)



457 Responses to “How to Claim your portion of unclaimed benefits from your pension fund”

  1. JOHN says:

    My name is Marthinus Johannes Potgieter. I would like to know if I have any money due to me from NEI GROUP PROVIDENT FUND. I was employed at Meisner at this time.
    My id no was 4905305071089 it has changed to 4905305071082.
    I would also like to know if there is any funds at MIBFA when I was employed at GENREC.

  2. Loretta leonard says:

    My late dad worked for an engineering company in Port Elizabeth by the name of Castor Love and sons in the apartheid regime.just for interest sake I would like to know if there is still any pension fund money available.My mum still alive and if any monetary funds is available she will be the beneficiary of this fund, unfortunately my mum cannot produce to us his identity number.will appreciate it if you can supply me with the necessary info

  3. Donald says:

    My late fthater worked at impala he left work in 2000 and died the same year.he did get his fund or any money.even us though please help to get that money or how to claim it.

  4. My father worked at Tautona gold mine for 31years and get only 78 000.00when he left by retrenchment and he said he left his money back at work,he left in 2005 and die in 2006.plz help me get that money.I’d number:5204095837186

  5. Senamile Mbeje says:

    My father was working for General Post office in early 90’s. Please help me which administrator to consult regarding his unclaimed benefits.

  6. My father worked at Alpha Anthracite , Coronation and Boomlager mine in the 90s died without getting anything plz help

    My Phone Number 0782263756 / 0792232197
    Mbalenhle A Gcwaba

  7. Mmatlala Audrey Mhlolo says:

    I worked for tautona mine and was retrenched. I want to know if there are outstanding monies for me. ID 7904200528087 @ cell. 0781509884

    • julia mokoena says:

      my father work at uitkyk plantation (sappi) for 23 years never claimed pension .Please help me which administrator to consult regarding his unclaimed benefits.
      cell number 0763007588
      email .

  8. lenette says:


  9. lenette says:

    1981 w

  10. Dennis phrwa says:

    My father in law was working at asbestos. Kindly inform me the correct fund administrators

  11. Mduduzi mdluli says:

    My father was working for john strydom scrapyard . Faniza Albert thwala. Identity number 391025 5265 081

  12. thelonius francis says:

    i would to inquire about unclaimed funds from Rennies Pension fund

  13. Andries Maake says:

    My father who is late died without any payment ,who was working at the mine for about 12-15years…I need help

  14. thembisile says:

    i used to work for cape union mart an i signed my claim forms an i never for any feedback nor did i get the money i claimed for over 13 months ago what do i do

  15. Phindiwe Matina says:

    My name is Phindiwe Matina my mom by the name of Monica Nompithizelo Matina was working at Harvestime she was retrenched in 1994 and never got her monies I want to know if there are no monies due to her.

Leave a Reply (please include a telephone number)

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *